Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Mad Dance










Here from the carpet looking straight up
ambiguous colors do the electric slide
under my eyelids.

Some kind of squirming bluish creature
shares a few sidesteps and twirl-abouts
with a squishy nectarine.

Dear Lord it's a mad celebration of the indistinguishable
on the surface of my eyeballs!
And in a strange twist of events
I'm not invited to join in on the lunatic's jig.

Still, here on the carpet I will stay forever
because this is a bed for a King
And it's just the thing I need to rest my tired eyes.

But I really wouldn't mind if
The squirmy blues and nectarines
On my eyes
Joined the many hues and tangerines on yours.

It would be just fine with me
if they could dance together forever.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.